Badland~Bandits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

3 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post  GhostReaper Mon May 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Introduce yourself here so that way we all get to know something about someone. I'll start it off.

My name is Caleb, I'm 18 almost 19 years old. I currently live in Maine, but was born and raised in Florida. I have a beautiful 5 month old daughter named Emma. I am in the Army. I'm hoping to buy a house after I get done with my deployment, but who the fuck knows when that will be, lol. I like doing things that aren't boring, so being active is cool, along with playing RTS at times. I think that's about it at the moment, will add later if I think of something.

GhostReaper
Admin

https://badland-bandits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Intro

Post  Prophet27 Mon May 17, 2010 6:55 pm

My name is Calvin and I am 28 years old. I just got finished with an 8 year run in the Marine Corps. Spent most of it in Afghanistan and some in iraq. I loved my job but a little shrapnel and a helicopter crash cut my career a little short. I was in the 2nd Recon 2nd Marines. I live in Texas and I am an artist full time now, I love to shoot and read history. I am a follower of Jesus hence the name prophet. The name was given to me in Afghanistan. I happen to run across this game doing some research on pirates for my nephew and I thought I would try it. i am still pretty new to all of it. I mostly played SOCOM and Operation Flashpoint on PS3. Look forward to knowing you all.

God bless you and our house.

Prophet27

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post  GhostReaper Mon May 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Nice, didn't know that you had that crash(or you told me and I forgot, lol). I've always been interested in all of the religion stuff. What religion are you?

GhostReaper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet27 Mon May 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Well I don't claim a denomination, I don't think God cares for them too much. It usually causes a division between people. If there were going to be different religions or denominations according to God I think there would be a different one for everyone and then it really would be called a relationship, which is what we should have. I follow Jesus so that would make me a Christian.

Prophet27

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostReaper Mon May 17, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm on the same boat as you then. I would guess I'm a christian as well, but as you said, I don't think there should be a difference. Everyone believe in god, so why not there be one religion? But that's what people do. I don't go to church or anything, but I do believe in God and actually think that church is a joke. Everyone there is fake and greedy.

GhostReaper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Assassin Tue May 18, 2010 1:26 am

well my name is Nate. I'm almost 22 and finishing up my bachelors degree in under 3 weeks. I live in northern washington right on the canadian border but I'm moving to seattle in july. I've been a musician all my life and am going to become a professional singer down in seattle. at least that's the plan. I enjoy drinking entirely too much, I enjoy getting out into the woods and hiking around. I find it interesting to view both of your views on religion as I'm in the same boat. I was raised in a religious family and most of us finally realized that the structure of organized religion isn't what it was meant to be. I'm currently not involved in any sort of "church" but I consider being with friends and family I love as being more valuable then just listening to someone talk.
anyways, I'm quite the avid gamer and am currently playing dragon age: origins on xbox.
for now that's all I can really think of so yeah. I look forward to getting to know you guys!
Cheers
Ghost Assassin
Ghost Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet27 Tue May 18, 2010 12:21 pm

It is funny how how coversations get started. The book of Acts lays out how a church should be, but I have seen very few examples of it working properly, but they exist. The bottom line the problem with anything is the nature of people and what ever flaw in them they express. I do go to church and I meet people all the time that are going about it the wrong way, but I know they are not perfect and neither am I. The best we can do, and are asked to do is work on ourselves and be an example. We can learn good lessons even from a bad teacher but we have to have a frame of reference, a foundation to work from.

I have a friend that lives up in Seattle, she is a doctor. My sister playes music down here in Texas and we just bought tickets for the Austin City Limits Music Festival they have every year. Everyone take care and I will talk to you soon.

Calvin/Prophet27

Prophet27

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostReaper Tue May 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Well, hopefully that music career works out for you, and good luck on the graduation! I don't live near near the border of Canada(good thing or I'd be in some shit, lol) but I live right near the beach. So in the summer I'll go there and deal with all the fucking Canadians who come down here, so might as well be on the border, haha. Usually we'll go in the woods and go on a hike or fuck around and drink, my favorite thing to do;)

And on the religion subject again. Well, this is how I see it. Church is when there are 3 or more people sitting together talking about God. That's what church is. It isn't you going to some building with a bunch of other people and bullshitting about your everyday lives, or how the pasture/preacher/priest, w/e you want to call him, goes on about what his family is going to do throughout the week. And then, the fuckers want to sit there and send a basket around to get money to pay for everything, including their own damn salary, when they don't teach you anything. To me that's bullshit.

GhostReaper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum